Saturday, May 06, 2006

Mystery Solved

Hey everyone! I just got this email from the mother of a Maltese friend of mine! My sleepless nights are over!

~Alycia DeLong


Subject: Maltese

Date: Thu, 04 May 2006 15:18:36 +0000

Dear Alycia,

I'm Leah's mum. You don"t know me but Leah passed me your email about the Maltese that was talking to you about.

Believe me when I read the email I couldn't stop laughing. I know what she wanted to say. Probably this woman comes from a village because they don't use that saying in the city. My uncle used to use that phrase all the time.

We have a saying here that says that if you don't eat you won't stand. She wanted to tell you that if a sack is empty it will fall, but if it is full it will stand. She was describing the sack as the stomach and the food as a filler. So now you understand? She meant no and probably if you mention the word to her you would have embarrassed her.

Well thanks for a good laugh and if you have any difficulty about maltese please let me know.

Margaret


Well, Margie. I'm glad I could brighten your day. And I'm glad that now I can sleep at night!

No comments: